Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Happy New Year everyone! Good to be back online and emmersed once again in blogland. I've had such a busy holiday but have had loads of fun, non-stop celebrating, I've been catching up with family and friends all over the shop. I've just got one day to relax before I'm back to work tommorow, I could do with a month! Can't complain though my partner didn't even get that, he started his new job today. Neither of us could sleep last night, he was awake with aprehension and I was awake in sympathy, I know that feeling only to well, he had to be up at 5.30am so the pressure to fall asleep just was too much. Poor dear, he'll be shattered today. I've promised him a fancy dinner when he gets home, hopefully he'll be able to stay awake long enough to eat it.
I'm feeling so positive about the coming year. I don't usually believe in New Year resolutions but this year with my boyfriend's new job starting and all, it really feels like a new start. My mind is brimming with new ideas and projects but I've decided to concentrate on my allotment and I'm also going to take up painting again. I've decided that after years of wanting to be an artist as a child, and years of thinking I could never really be an artist through lack of confidence and ambition, that I am a bloody artist and I always have been. I have and always have had immensely strong love of nature and I need to express it. I'm still not too sure if painting is the best way, technically I'm not too good, but I've decided to give it a go and I'm really excited about it. My allotment plans tie in well with this too as I'm hoping the act of growing vegetables will inspire me, that may sound odd but it makes sense to me.
I need to go to the supermarket now, even though I could sit here a blabber on all day, I'm spending the afternoon with my best pal, we've got to organize our Prague trip and I need to catch up an all the news I've missed since I've been away. If I don't go now my boyfriend won't be getting his dinner!

4 Comments:

Blogger Anne-Marie said...

How sweet of you to make your boyfriend dinner after his first day. I hope it goes well for him.

Cheers,
AM

4:29 PM

 
Blogger Justin Kreutzmann said...

this year feels like it's gonna be good. Like just before the roller coaster starts...I can't wait.

9:33 PM

 
Blogger ginab said...

The garden makes sense to me, Moonpie. Planting and growing takes patience, and when the veggies come in (and the flowers bloom) there's colour and textures abound.

Congratulations to your beau's new post. He'll appreciate the meal, I am pretty sure. Get plenty of sleep for your first day back. I start Thursday. How quickly the time flew!

-g+bb

11:19 PM

 
Blogger ing said...

Gardening, yes! Ever since I moved to San Francisco, I haven't had a plot to do it in. But it was so fulfilling, so exciting, to watch things grow, flower, fruit, and mature.

As for the painting, it's bound to get better over time, so keep at it.

2:47 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home