Sunday, April 15, 2007


Well, I'm back at work and I must say quite miserable about it. Last week was great, the weather was super and I got to spend a fair bit of time down the allotment. It's great down there at the moment, the apple trees are blooming and the birds are singing, it's so peaceful that even a days hard toiling leaves you feeling totally relaxed. The whole gardening process is also teaching me something that I severely lack; Patience. I think being a child of the eighties, growing up in front of the TV, being part of the fast food generation, was quite damaging in many ways. Growing your own food gives you a very real understanding that things don't always come on tap, they take time and patience. It helps you get in step with the natural environment, the turn of the seasons.
My first seedlings appeared at the weekend to whoops of joy, this time of year is very exciting. The plot is looking good, I spent most of my time making mulch paths to keep the grass from growing back up and weeding, so it's looking a bit neater.
The wedding all went marvelously, a great time was had by all and on Saturday a few of us went to see Alasdair Roberts playing at the Charlotte. He and his band were great but unfortunately were only playing to about 15 people, our lot being 6 of them and 2 were working behind the bar. It's generally the case at The Charlotte, Leicester's only medium sized indie venue. It's tragic really, so many bands only ever play Leicester once, one experience of the Charlotte is enough, the gigs either haven't been promoted properly or the sound is just awful. And we always end up apologising to the band for the pitiful venue! But nevertheless it was fun, Alasdair Roberts has a very unique, spellbinding voice and he played my request 'Sweet William' so I was happy!
I'm just off to my first Yoga session. I'm on a bit of a health kick at the moment. I've haven't eaten chocolate, cake, sweets or crisps for a month as of today. It hasn't actually bothered me as much as I thought it would but I'm more than ready for a bar of lovely dark chocolate as my month's abstention is now up. Yeay!
And very good news! I received an email yesterday inviting me to do my three sittings for The Method.I can't wait to get on with it but I think I need a little think first. My email was in my bulk folder so keep an eye out everyone, I almost missed mine. Better get going to Yoga!


5 Comments:

Blogger ian gordon said...

The Method... my goodness I'd forgotten all about that. I thought it had all self destructed 'round about the time of "the Comedian" (which I didn't rate at all), and the tours, etc.

good luck with it.

7:19 PM

 
Blogger Anne-Marie said...

Hi Moonpie,
I meant to ask you ages ago whatever happened to last summer's chutney (and it's not a purely self-interested question, I am truly wondering how it fared!) I think the combination of gardening and yoga will give you that patience you're seeking.

I often feel bad for bands who have bad PR and don't get the crowds they deserve. It must be tough to play to a fairly empty room, and I've seen it here in Toronto too.

I got my Method email too, but I declined it. I just don't have the time or interest at the moment to look it all up and figure out the techie bits. Good luck with it, though!

1:32 AM

 
Blogger Ahvarahn said...

I'm on a reduced intake of food myself -just seven days- and I dream of chocolate. I'm a mad fan of the Walnut Whip but you can't get them here; an itch I can't scratch, and I am better for it these days. But a trip home is planned for August and I promise, with all the downsizing I'll be doing before then, a box of those Whips will be inhaled in no time.

No Method for me yet, just madness.

Goodluck Greenfingers,
P.

3:05 AM

 
Blogger Moonpie said...

Hi all!
To add to my post, can I just say that Yoga is fantastic! I was highly impressed, I felt great afterwards and could actually touch my toes which I haven't been able to do for years, and after just one session, I'm amazed.
Ian,
Are you aware of Pete's book blog? It's a little more like TBWHM than the comedian, their are some interesting discussions going on.
Anne-Marie,
My chutney plans failed last year, my timing was too off and a few ingrediants just didn't produce enough or didn't produce at all. But this year we're going for higher yields, we have more space cleared and a little more experience so the Chutney plans are still on! Sorry for the long long wait! :)
Paul,
Well if you feel the need for a Walnut Whip fix in the meantime, I'll happily post you some.
And that offers open to anyone who would like anything mailed from the UK. Just ask!

11:59 AM

 
Blogger Ahvarahn said...

Well that is a generous offer, thanks! I feel the need all right, but I am better off without them -for now! thanks. I'm reminded of a friend of mine who sent me turkish delights in an envelope (not that you would have done such a thing of course). Not a box, or a padded envelope. A large regular envelope. The goo that arrived was intersting. Have a good weekend!

11:03 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home