Friday, November 18, 2005

Sorry to be such a tree hugger, but I just can't help it. I wrote this poem today, it's about something that happened to me on the way to work, I was just going to write about it but it turned into a poem.

On this very morning, as I cycle to work,
frosty earth sparkles in the morning sun,
and all the leaves are falling from the trees,
as the perpetual wheel makes it's wintery turn.

I stop by my oak tree and watch in awe,
as elegant little leaves dance to the floor,
and blessed I feel to be in this place,
to witness this earthly divine grace,
such a wondrous sight, that it makes me feel,
drunk with the love only nature reveals,
and though this time is snatched and I must depart
the moment will stay with me, deep in my heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home