There are two really good radio shows on the internet at the moment. One on Vashti Bunyan, she is interviewed and plays some tracks from her new album as well as old and influencial stuff, it was on on Sunday on Stuart Marconies Freak Zone on Radio 6 but will be up for a week, it starts about an hour into the show. Have also found (well Shoey did) a radio programme from 2004 featuring Espers, they are playing live and chatting as well as picking records. It's really interesting, I saw them play earlier this year and they were brilliant, it was a pity they couldn't play for longer but they were squeezed on to a bill at a festival. They have been added to my dream festival list, which is kind of like fantasy football, but you get to choose the line up. Mine would be held in a small clearing in a forest ( I say small cause ideally there wouldn't be masses of people) and the line up would have to be Circulus, Vashti Bunyan, Espers and Yo La Tengo with The Who headlining. I'm sure I can think of lots of other bands to add to this, Low would have to be in there somewhere too. Sorry I'm off dreaming again, anyway here are the email addresses for the shows; I'm determined to convert everyone in blogland into Vashti fan's so do have a listen!
VASHTI BUNYAN: http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/shows/freakzone/
ESPERS: http://www.wnyc.org/shows/spinning/episodes/05282004
I've been distracted by Bill Oddie, not in person obviously, he's such a lovely man! He's talking about the wonders of Autumn on the TV. Which has reminded me of the rant I have been threatening write about digital TV. Well, a couple of weeks ago we were cycling back from our friends house at 9o'clock in the morning, after an evening out which got a little carried away and we bumped into my uncle who had just got up and was having a clear out . He gave us a freeview box that he no longer needed, now I had been holding out for the free one they'll have to give people when they turn off the analogue signal, but we were very grateful nevertheless. So we went home and excitedly set it all up. Since it has been installed I've barely watched television. (which I do think is a good thing.) In fact it has completely turned me against T.V. because it is so apalling. There are occassionally some good programmes on the BBC channels, but the rest of them, the channels with adverts that play every ten minutes, the channels that sell ridiculously pointless things to ridiculously impressionable people, and the worst of all the channels that allow you to gamble online, disguised as your own virtual quizshow, they are so bad. The thing that really gets me when I see this stuff is that people actually watch it, and quite alot of people too otherwise there wouldn't be so many channels of it, what a pitiful state to live in, how can people be so brain dead? It's so sad and it makes you realise what this country is truely like. Anyway there is no escaping these channels as it's so easy to channel flick and you just seem to spend hours trailing through crap. So I've found the best solution is not turn it on at all or only watch DVDs, it's good to be picky, there's no need to put up with all the drivel after all! That was only a small part of my anti-T.V rant, I may do 'Advertising aimed at children,' and that one really boils my piss, but at a later date, as I'm getting tired. So bye for now!

2 Comments:
Thanks for a view of the TV scene in the UK.
2:06 AM
Forgot to say thanks for the Joe Strummer Cider story you put on my blog. You have given me another spot to visit. I should be in Black Pool in a few months.
Thanks
Joseph
6:32 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home