Monday, November 07, 2005

The words of Arthur Seaton, Alan Stillitoe's 'Saturday Night Sunday Morning' character have been going round my head today, 'Don't let the bastards grind you down.' Working nine to five Monday-Friday is getting me down. The weekend goes soooo fast, I have no time to do anything I want to, yesterday I accidently slept in till 2.30 and it was practically dark by the time I got up, extremely frustrating as it scuppered all my plans. I just don't think it's right that we have to spend so much time at work, a majority of my waking time is spent doing things that I don't want to be doing, it just seems such a waste of life! I think I'm just feeling the pressure at the moment, I'm usually quite good at doing what has to be done without letting it get to me too much but I am the sole breadwinner at the moment. My partner was made redundant and although he was given a job about 2 months ago is still waiting to start it, he's being messed about so much that he's begining to give up hope too and I fear we will be back at stage one if it isn't sorted soon. So the fact that I have no choice but to stick with this job is making me desperately want not to, I've a terrible deep stubborn streak running through me that often causes conflicts like this. Also it seems pointless working so much when all I'm managing to do is survive, all my money goes on food and bills, I don't think I've ever been this skint even when I was on the dole for a bit, I can't even afford to have a night out dancing, and that is a terrible state of affairs in my book! This country is shit for the amount of hours we are forced to work just to survive, I'm sure our standard of living hasn't really improved at all over the years, at least more value used to be placed apon spending time with loved ones which is far more important than having the lastest digital television or stupid bloody car. But don't start me off about digital television, thats a whole new topic I now have to moan about, may well come back to that one later. Oh I feel a little better after having a little winge anyway, it's good to get it out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home