Monday, November 06, 2006

We had a lovely night on Saturday celebrating Bonfire night at the allotment. Everybody lit individual fires, so the whole place was dotted with little beacons of light, an awe inspiring sight and one that I imagine would have been seen hundreds of years ago as it was an old pagan folk custom to light bonfires across the land at this time of year. The light from the full moon and the warmth from the fire were intoxicating (the mulled wine helped too) and I decided that moonbathing is a benificial past time as it warms you from the inside out. I also decided, as we sat and watched millions of pounds exploding into the sky,that my parents were right when they would make us watch everybody elses fireworks instead of buying there own, it all seems such a waste.
(Photos by Mick)



3 Comments:

Blogger Ahvarahn said...

I know it was Guy Fawkes and not halloween but that last picture is great. Eerie looking, almost Linda-Blair spookey!

I'm in India, and from the imagery so far, I'm at the beginning of an experience that will have a profound effect on me.

Hope you are all well
-P.

P.S. it takes so long to post comments on this connection that I do not often have the chance to do so, but I can look :)

1:15 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bonfire on a full moon...tell me it was so. I saw the moon full over DC and...I thought of you!!!

I miss Guy Fawkes day/night. I miss paying money for the guy.

I do.

ahh.

-ginab

10:30 PM

 
Blogger Anne-Marie said...

A full moon and a fire? Brilliant. ;)

Guy Fawkes is one of the few British celebrations that didn't catch on over here in the colonies.

11:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home