The picture below is by Remedios Varo I only discovered her recently when somebody brought some postcards of her work in to where I work to be laminated. A lucky discovery I think! I still don't know much about her other than she was a spanish surrealist who married a surrealist poet and escaped the war in 1942 by moving to Mexico where she did most of her work untill she died in 1963. Her work is full of symbolism showing an interest in dreams and jungian heroism as well as in science, feminity and the occult. She sounds really interesting but I can't particularly find any other information on the internet about her. I really love her work, and its not my usual sort of thing but it's got something magical about it. I particularly like this one, wonder if it is her representation of the 'music of the spheres' also seems to have associations with the 'language of the birds'. You can see more of her work at http://temida.free.ngo.pl/varo1.htm

1 Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
7:53 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home