Tuesday, October 25, 2005

I just planted some snow drops in my backyard and I'm already getting too excited, I can't wait to see them come up. It will mean the winter is nearly over, a sign that it will soon be spring again, hurray! As I was planting them I also decided that when they grow so will my need to grow more! (if that makes sense) For along time I've been thinking about getting an allotment, as I really want to grow my own food, trouble is I have no idea where to start. I wanted to get my Dad involved as he doesn't get out the house much and he's an excellant gardener but for various reasons I don't think he'd agree, pity cause I think it'd do him good, but there you go. So really I just need to get my act together and do it myself, then hopefully get him involved at a later date. So anyway the plans is that when I see my snowdrops come up I will start to sort out getting an allotment , if they don't come up at all I shall leave it till next year. I've planted the seed now I just got to hope it will grow. I can be so bloody unmotivated sometimes and my plan probably sounds like I'm just putting things off again. But it's not, I have a book I carry pretty much everywhere and if I think of something I really want to do I like to write it down, then it's down on paper, it's official. Blogs are even better because you have witnesses too.
I've had an incredible urge to listen to Neil Young recently and Shooey just had a burst of psyhicness and put him on.
"Tell me why, is it hard to make arrangements with yourself
when you're old enough to repaint but young enough to sell"
I love that line, the first part is what I've been talking about I suppose. This song now reminds me of the Glastonbury festival last June as one night we were sat in the green field and we borrowed somebodys guitar, because they couldn't really play it, and we showed them how it was done, well thats how I remember it , I thought I was in the Mamas and Papas to be honest, but I was quite off it at the time! People were clapping to begin with but we just ended up clapping ourselves. It was such good fun though, I think it was the only taste I've ever had of performing!
I'm going to go now cause this is real rambling, I've had a hard day, that my excuse anyway!

1 Comments:

Blogger robin hood said...

I agree that blogs can be a motivating factor in the creative process. Like you, I carry a sketchbook/journal all the time. But when i started using blog to hone my thoughts (on my ORIGINAL Rusty Pearl site which I shut down) the fact that people were reading it made me get things done. My problem at present is I'm suddenly getting lots of visits but I can't think of getting fully involved with new paintings 'til January when I can walk out of my job. It's really frustrating! (But I'm not closing down another site> They'll just have to wait!)

8:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home